Sunday, February 9, 2014

A college study on ufology

I wrote a paper in college that for me was the most fun and fascinating paper I did. It was the results of a ufo test, I gave to the general population.

The test was very easy, multiple choice and not tricky. One question was what year was the Roswell event? Another question was what state is area 51 in?

I was able to come up with two definitive results. I also asked them to circle skeptic or believer.

The first result involved skeptic scores vs believer scores. The skeptics scored on average 20% lower than believers. You might be thinking this is not that bad. In reality skeptics averaged 20% total on the test. Believers averaged around 40%.

The second result, nobody passed. Think about how easy the questions I am asking are. The biggest take away from this test was that the knowledge of the field of ufology is really poor on fact based questions.

Another observation I had administering the test, was the number of people who said they guessed.

The test was very fun, informative, and I still have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment