Wednesday, April 26, 2017

UFO Sightings Desk Reference

I have never said a bad word about any author on Amazon. (Well once but I deleted it.) I like to give Authors credit and I always give 5 Star reviews. 


If I do not write a review of your ufo book and you know I bought it, well, let's just say I'm trying to be nice. 


I ordered Cheryl Costa's new ufo book UFO Sightings Desk Reference book before the big review came out about it and the entire World ordered it.


I got it today. I read the entire book in an hour and that included me taking a shower. 


I was disappointed, is a good word. I expected more for my money. The book is over 32 dollars and 320 something pages are statistics breaking down ufo sightings by State, Month, Shape and County. 


I have read Cheryls work and I love her work. It's just, The book does not get down to individual sightings. It's literally, just numbers. I know her and her partner worked really hard to put the book together so I hate being critical.


A few more observations, she multiplies the number of sightings by 10 on one page, but not the other number she's looking at, and then tries to argue 6% of sightings are unexplained. The Robertson Panel of the CIA came up with that little gem of misinformation. Also, she uses Mufon as a source. Say it with me kids, The Committee to Reform Mufon found 60% of Entity cases missing from the database each month. The data is highly flawed and suspect.  


The beginning of the book is a We love mufon part. I laughed out loud reading it.


At least Alejandro Roja's got a shout out. So did many other great Ufologist. 


I just expected more for my money. I'm not sure how this data can be useful in my ufology research. 


I can't correlate cases individually. I was hoping to compare this data. A number isn't that helpful. 


Especially when I believe Mufon to be a government front. 


I will still continue to read Cheryl's work online. I think Cheryl's great I just wish I liked the book. 




I will not be writing an Amazon review.

No comments:

Post a Comment