Friday, March 4, 2016

25 Years Ago

Twenty five years ago in a few months I was given an alien battlesuit. I saw Lazer Team, so I thought I would talk about what it takes to be given an alien battlesuit.

What happened was I would recall all my missions as dreams. Not ordinary dreams, memories. Look back in my blog history and you can read about the The Gauntlet Mission. If its not in the history let me know. I still to this day can picture the old lady zombies face. I can also picture the hand holding couple. That is how ingrained in my memory they are.

What does it take to be issued a suit?

The first thing, you can never have drank, smoke, or done drugs in your entire life. One instance would exclude you from candidacy. They did not want a drunk having pretty much unlimited power. Secondly, you had to be good. They wanted beings which believed in I would call it, the power of goodness. Again, not gonna give unlimited power to a bad person. Last, you had to be able to keep your mouth shut. It was the ultimate form of secrecy. If you talk, you got the battlesuit taken away. It was not worth it.

The bad news.

It was the most dangerous job you could possibly imagine. The job lasted 10 Earth years. I know of only two humans who lasted 10 years. The death rate was like 99.99 percent.

The battlesuits were upgraded every year with new technologies. The main missions involved rescuing beings. Ever had to solve an alien riddle to open a door? I have. Luckily, I had help.

I was credited with saving Sixteen Planets, including Earth. Four solo saves. Everybody always wonders why they were born or placed here. I believe I have already fulfilled my life's mission. I saved lives.

I got teased about not drinking some. I was never offered cigarettes or drugs. The people did not realize in my head I was thinking, you will never wear a battlesuit.

I encourage you to describe this post to kids. One drink is not worth sixteen Planets.

I occasionally have the thought of, I saved the entire Planet.

Talk about the ultimate boost to your confidence.
(I was picked also because of my knowledge of alien species.)

No comments:

Post a Comment